GROWING TOGETHER THROUGH MENTORING
Mentoring is a proven instrument of human resources development. The Worldfactory uses the model of experienced start-up mentors and innovative mentees specifically in the start-up process.
Start-up mentoring promotes the exchange of knowledge and experience, it guides thought in new directions and supports networks. Not only budding start-ups benefit from this trusting partnership; seasoned professionals and managers can also learn a lot from the Worldfactory’s mentoring programme in Germany.
HOW DO I FIND A START-UP MENTOR?
WHAT DO I GET OUT OF IT?
This is how you can participate in start-up mentoring:
- First, attend the start-up consultation at the Worldfactory and evaluate your business model together with us. Based on this, we can steer the matching in the best possible way, according to your individual profile and needs.
- Talk to your start-up coach about mentoring and then contact Michelle Twardzik.
- You will be asked to fill out a short profile. Submit this form to us and we will forward it to a potential mentor to initiate the matching process.
This is how you benefit from start-up mentoring:
- You will get 1:1 mentoring with a person who fits you and your business idea.
- You will gain a valuable sparring partner for your start-up project who contributes entrepreneurial experience and technical expertise.
- Your mentor can help you expand your network.
- The cooperation is based on trust and provides important impulses for your start-up project; it can develop into a long-term partnership.
…and all this is free of charge for Worldfactory start-up teams! Hop on the tandem and join us!
As a start-up mentor, you should have the following qualities:
- You have founded your own company, are an entrepreneur, a manager or have specialist expertise and at least three years of professional experience.
- You would like to share your experience and professional expertise with a dedicated start-up team.
- You are willing to invest time in the exchange with your mentee.
- You are open to engaging with new topics, technologies and business models in an objective and unbiased way.
Your commitment pays off:
- You will gain access to current research, innovations and exciting technological concepts at Ruhr-Universität Bochum.
- You will deepen your consulting and leadership skills.
- At networking events and workshops in the mentoring programme, you will receive interesting impulses, expand your network and become part of the start-up ecosystem Ruhr.
- You will experience the rewarding effect of volunteering and learn how valuable your experience, knowledge and contacts are for your mentee.