The Worldfactory connects science and business
The WORLDFACTORY bridges the gap between research and its application. Only when knowledge and new technologies are put into practice the society can benefit. We help to protect intellectual property and bring scientists and students of the Ruhr-Universität Bochum in contact with innovative companies.
Exchanging knowledge and experience
Science has to be connected to practice. In return, research is often the driving force for entrepreneurial development. Consequently, both sides benefit from professional exchange. At the WORLDFACTORY science meets business which creates a starting point for successful collaborations.
Here entrepreneurs can find
- professional exchange with scientists of the region
- access to current insights from research projects at the RUB
- contact to researchers who are open for cooperation
- opportunities to bring practical experience into teaching and thus strengthen the practical relevance of university education
Contact persons: Dr.-Ing. Ulrike Beißert and Maike Liebetanz.
Here reserachers can find
- information on intellectual property rights and current RUB patents
- support in transferring a specific IP ("intellectual property")
- professional evaluation and promotion of inventions in cooperation with PROvendis, a service provider for patent management and evaluation
- support in all questions regarding knowledge and technology transfer