Start-up programme for female students and early career researchers
Only just under 16 per cent of founders are female; the percentage of women in start-ups is even lower. In most cases, the problem is not a lack of good ideas, but a lack of self-confidence, networks and female role models. That’s why the Worldfactory Start-up Center offers a special programme for women academics – maybe for you too?
FACE@RUB is a platform for female students and early career researchers interested in starting a business. Here, you can exchange ideas with like-minded people, network with experienced founders and talk to experts.
In the project seminar you will get to know the world of start-ups; in the summer school you can delve more deeply into the topic of entrepreneurship/start-ups.
Are you a Bachelor’s student interested in start-ups? The project seminar is open to participants from all disciplines and provides initial insights into the world of start-ups:
- Experts will share their practical experience in consulting.
- In the RUB-Makerspace, you can try out product development techniques in practice.
- Workshops will deal with relevant topics such as: What makes a good leader? How do I develop my own ideas? How do I deal with insecurity?
Leave the world behind and dive into the universe of start-ups – thanks to our interdisciplinary summer school:
- Experts in the field of start-ups and entrepreneurship will teach you the basics.
- Female founders will share their experiences and look forward to exchanging ideas.
- In workshops you will learn everything about start-up issues such as mindset, finances, etc.
- You will learn creative techniques to develop your own initial ideas.
For all those who are already one step further, the mentoring programme for junior women researchers will start in 2022. Are you a doc, postdoc, junior professor or head of a junior research group and already have a start-up idea?
- Experienced female mentors will support you in the start-up process.
- You can benefit from their practical experience and find your own start-up path.
And that’s not all: FACE@RUB organises many individual events and event series with cooperation partners. Up-to-date information and dates are available on the events page.