Improving life quality through innovation
Medicine is currently experiencing the biggest change ever and you can be a part of it! The Incubator Health+ supports start-ups in the fields of healthcare, life science and medical technology.
Improving quality of life through health-related innovations: that’s what “Health+” is all about. The Incubator bundles the research expertise of the health sciences and supports the development of innovative products, services and business models.
We are looking for you!
Are you studying medical technology and have an idea for a pioneering diagnostic procedure? Would you like to contribute your research experience to tackle major challenges in the healthcare sector? Do you want to be part of the dynamic life science industry?
Become part of an exciting ecosystem
The setting could not be better: Your ideas for products and services in the field of healthcare, life science and medical technology will find fertile ground in the Health+ Incubator. You will find a growing ecosystem on the new health campus and in the biomedicine park at Ruhr-Universität Bochum (RUB).
Connection to cutting-edge research
The Health+ Incubator is affiliated with two new RUB research buildings, one for protein diagnostics and the other for neuroscience and cognitive science. The close cooperation with the other incubators transcends disciplinary boundaries and opens up new perspectives for your project.
Benefit from a unique infrastructure
The incubator Health+ has access to unique infrastructure for advising and supporting founders: the RUB Makerspace. Whether developing prototypes or conducting workshops - the RUB Makerspace is a practical ground for teaching and experimenting on its 2,000sqm premise that offers special workshops, modern laboratories, machine tools and much more!
The offer primarily targets students and researchers with a connection to healthcare, life science and medical technology at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum. If capacities allow, the offers are also open to external interested parties who:
- would like to test the feasibility of a product idea,
- would like to develop a business model based on their own R&D findings,
- intend to participate in start-up competitions,
- want to apply for public funding,
- are planning a start-up in the field of "Health+".
- Individual, holistic coaching throughout the start-up process and beyond if necessary.
- Interactive workshops & programmes to impart start-up know-how, oriented towards the Lean Canvas Model.
- Support in the identification of market potential, development of the business model, development and production of prototypes and certification of industry standards.
- We support selected start-up teams in the acquisition of funding from external sources (e.g. EXIST).
- We help to find suitable funding programmes and write applications.
- We facilitate networking with potential investors through our Bochum-Berlin Alliance & various events (e.g. Health+ Lion's Cave).
- We connect you with companies and contacts from our regional and national network.
- Through the association of the Universitätsklinikum Bochum we are regionally connected with 8 university hospitals. Thus, clinical validation processes benefit from the affiliation with the most modern cutting-edge medicine.
- Our network includes competences in the areas of DiGA & selective contracts with health insurance companies.
Our team of interdisciplinary experts, together with the central WSC team, will be at your side when you start your business. We support you on your journey, connect you to experts and guarantee the best conditions for a successful launch of your future project. We look forward to hearing from you!