START-UPS WITHOUT BORDERS
Worldfactory international makes the world a marketplace
Innovation knows no borders – and entrepreneurial spirit is not a question of nationality. That’s why internationally viable business models need access to markets at home and abroad. And that is why international start-ups from universities deserve the same support as German ones.
The “Worldfactory international” programme crosses borders in the minds and on the map. It bundles the international start-up and transfer activities at Ruhr-Universität Bochum and uses global networks and partnerships to create space for start-ups without borders. Joint research makes all participants more visible on the world stage. Above all, it allows them to shape the world of tomorrow together. That is more than one good reason!
“Our goal is to become an international hotbed of innovation and entrepreneurship.”
- Marc Seelbach, Head of Transfer & Entrepreneurship at the Worldfactory
Worldfactory international offers…
- an advanced training programme for international early career researchers and start-ups interested in founding a company to implement business ideas
- advice and support for the establishment or internationalisation of start-ups
- tailor-made support from Incubators in the fields of IT security (Cube 5), chemistry (Start4Chem), materials science (Materials), product-service systems and smart products (Smart Systems) and health science (Health+)
- international events for networking with regional companies, start-ups, investors and the regional ecosystem
- a guest programme for international researchers interested in starting a business, in order to explore transfer potential from research and to deepen collaboration
- a global partner network with strong research and transfer capabilities
Expanding the Network and the Horizon
Going to Japan and North America with WORLDFACTORY international
How do start-ups work on the other side of the world? What does the innovation landscape look like in North America or Japan? What spin-off trends and new ideas do they have? The annual delegation trip of WORLDFACTORY international provides an opportunity for individual insights, exchange and the expansion of global networks.
The RuhrSummit, the largest B2B start-up event in Germany, takes place once a year. Together with the ruhr:HUB we have integrated additional services that will connect you with companies, investors and the ecosystem of the region
Bootcamp „Entrepreneurship Explorer Ruhr“
The bootcamp makes you ready for the start-up in a two-week period. The training programme prepares you to implement innovative business ideas. It has a modular structure and outlines all aspects of successful business model, team and product development.
Through site visits and meetings with successful founders, you will gain insight into the regional start-up ecosystem. The bootcamp ends with a pitch of business ideas. The winner will receive support in developing the business model and for technology transfer.
Guest programme “Global Transfer Exchange”
In order to explore and enhance the transfer potential of their own research, researchers at Ruhr-Universität are offered a unique opportunity: they can invite international researchers who are interested in start-ups and applications to RUB. The customised guest programme strengthens cooperation and supports the launch of joint transfer projects.
A HIGH-POTENTIAL PROGRAMME
The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy is funding the Worldfactory’s internationalisation programme as part of the “EXIST-Potentiale” intitiative. It supports universities in expanding start-up activities and start-up excellence.