We support international entrepreneurial-minded early career researchers in implementing their innovative business idea in the Ruhr region.
Target audience: international students, early career researchers (PhD students, postdocs), solo founders or teams, early stage start-ups working in different high tech areas (esp. cyber security, material, robotics, AI, chemistry)
Duration: One week (weekdays)
Period: Monday, May 9th – Friday, May 13rd, 2022
Cost: free of charge
The Entrepreneurship Explorer Ruhr 2022 offers international and entrepreneurial-minded early career researchers the possibility to implement their innovative business ideas and explore the regional start-up ecosystem of one of the most active start-up communities in high tech industries. The program includes all aspects of a successful development of team, product and business model, deepening and preparing the implementation of your business idea together with professional start-up coaches and local top-level researchers, experienced experts and successful founders. Furthermore, you will discover the potentials of the ecosystem regarding clients and investors as well as the region’s particularities.
What you get:
- Get to know the particularities of Germany‘s business culture and the Ruhr region
- Discover the start-up ecosystem, cutting-edge research and interesting markets for your idea
- Identify market opportunities and develop your business model
- Learn the essentials of marketing and sales
- Train your pitch skills and present your business idea to a specialized jury
- Explore our network, exchange with successful founders and learn how to get in contact with investors and clients
The participants of the Entrepreneurship Explorer Ruhr 2022 should fulfil the following criteria:
- Individuals or teams with a concrete business idea or early stage start-ups (max. 3 years). A maximum of two persons per team or start-up may participate in the program.
- Ambition and motivation to work continuously on the development of your business idea or business model during the course
- An international background (an international higher education entrance qualification)
- An affiliation with a higher education institution which is active or ended maximum 5 years ago
Deadline: April 24th, 2022
Please fill in the form including your pitchdeck and business model canvas and submit it until April 24th, 2022. If you have any questions or doubts, do not hesitate to contact us: worldfactoryinternational(at)rub.de