We support international entrepreneurial-minded early career researchers in implementing their innovative business idea in the Ruhr region.
Target audience: international students, early career researchers (PhD students, postdocs), solo founders or teams, young start-ups. Each year the programme will have a specific thematic focus. In the round of 2021, the key area will be cyber security.
Duration: 2 weeks (weekdays)
Period: Monday, September 20th – Friday, October 1st, 2021
Cost: free of charge
The Entrepreneurship Explorer Ruhr 2021 offers international and entrepreneurial-minded early career researchers in cyber security the possibility to implement their innovative business ideas and explore the regional start-up ecosystem of one of the most active start-up communities in cyber security. Apart from leading companies in data security, international renowned research institutes and a specialized VC fund, the field-specific incubator Cube5 is part of this ecosystem. The programme includes all aspects of a successful team, product and business model development, deepening and preparing the implementation of your business idea together with professional start-up coaches and local top-level researchers, experienced experts and successful founders. Furthermore, you will discover the potentials of the ecosystem regarding clients and investors as well as the region’s particularities.
What you get:
- Get to know the particularities of Germany‘s business culture and the Ruhr region
- Discover the start-up ecosystem, cutting-edge research in cyber security and interesting markets for your idea
- Identify market opportunities and develop your business model
- Learn the essentials of marketing, sales and legal issues
- Train your pitch skills and present your business idea to a specialized jury
- Explore our network, exchange with successful founders in the field of cyber security and learn how to get in contact with investors and clients
The participants of the Entrepreneurship Explorer Ruhr 2021 should fulfil the following criteria:
- Individuals or teams with a concrete business idea or early-stage start-ups (max. 3 years) in cyber security. A maximum of two persons per team or start-up may participate in the programme.
- Ambition and motivation to work continuously on the development of your business idea or business model within the two weeks.
- An international background (an international higher education entrance qualification).
- An affiliation to a higher education institution, which is active or ended maximum 5 years ago.
Deadline: August 15th, 2021
Please fill in the PDF document including your pitchdeck and submit it via email to worldfactoryinternational(at)rub.de until August 15th, 2021. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us!